Year 6 Life Skills Day
Year 6 Life Skills Day - finding the puncture!
Earlier this week we treated our Year 6s to a Life Skills Day with help from our friends at Robert Smyth Academy. Designed to help ease some worries and answer some questions about moving to secondary school, along with learning a few skills to help them later in life, our Year 6s spent the day out of the classroom and having lots of hands-on fun!
Thanks to the following for all their support -
- Central England Coop for delivering a healthy eating workshop where the children made fruit kebabs
- Sustrans Charity for teaching the children some bike maintenance and how to fix a puncture
- Former Naval Officer and Ridgeway Parent, Mr Cooke, for showing them how to shine their shoes
- Ridgeway parent, Mrs Pickering, for explaining how to care for their clothes, pair their socks and put a duvet cover on
- All the members of Robert Smyth Academy's School Council for spending the day with the children, answering their questions and joining in the fun!
For full pictures please click here