Why choose Ridgeway?
Ridgeway is a forward-thinking, academically strong primary school that places great emphasis on developing well-rounded, resilient and happy children. We want our pupils to dream big and realise their potential, whether that be as ballet dancers and footballers, or mathematicians and writers, plus everything in between!
I miss my days at Ridgeway, especially the brilliant Year 6 teachers. I loved being encouraged to read new stories and write my own. I still like the idea of being an author one day. (Former pupil, now in Year 8 at Robert Smyth Academy)
We can offer you and your child:
- Dedicated and caring staff who treat every child as an individual
- A fun, creative and engaging curriculum that uses topics to bring learning to life
- Strong academic results, a focus on reading and our own in-school maths specialist
- Separate Reception spaces away from the main school, for learning and play. Plus Forest School sessions for Reception and Year 1 children
- A purpose built Year 5 & 6 block to allow for our older children to develop their independence before transitioning to secondary school
- Wrap around care and summer holiday club, run by our own staff for our children
- In-class French lessons (Years 3-6), music lessons (provided by expert musicians who visit the school) and dedicated time in the school week for art, design and technology.
- A Sports Coach who not only delivers great PE lessons, but runs free after school clubs and ensures the school competes in local sports festivals and events
- An Emotional Literacy and Family Support coordinator who works with children and families when they are struggling or finding school and friendships difficult
- A SENDCO who is based in school and works with staff to support those children with additional needs
- Well-balanced and delicious lunches cooked fresh and on-site every day. Plus free fruit snacks for our Reception, Year 1 & 2 children
- A friendly and proactive PTA (Friends of Ridgeway Academy) who put on fantastic events and help to raise thousands for the school
- Residential trips for Years 4 & 6, plus lots of engagement and enrichment opportunities throughout the year for all our children
- Extensive grounds, a ball court, basketball hoops, outdoor table tennis, outdoor gym equipment, gardening club and support from Harborough in Bloom
- Close links with our sister school, Great Bowden Academy and support from our Trust
- And so much more...